Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tromsø Norway: My home for the next 7 months

Hello everyone, 
You may or may not know that I am moving to Norway for 7 months. In September 2012 I applied for an international mobility fellowship to do research in Norway. The grant, funded by the Research Council of Norway, provides me with a stipend to live in Norway for 7 months. I will be working with laser scanner data acquired during a cruise I took with the Norwegian Polar Institute (NPI) in 2010. I will be working at NPI in Tromsø from early June until just before Christmas. 

I leave Edmonton today, heading first to The Netherlands to visit family and then to Tromsø. I will post some thoughts and feelings I have about this trip later today. I will try to blog on a weekly basis or more frequently while in Norway so that you can share in my adventure.

A quick note, I did not get many chances to blog while at Alert again this year. All the good weather just made me too busy, and unfortunately sleep had to take priority. The campaign was a huge success and I will try to provide some pictures, plots and stores over the coming weeks.

Okay, that is all for now.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate