Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Off again

Well today I depart for Norway for a sea ice conference. Thus is an international conference with most of the major sea ice researchers showing up. For me it is a good way to go to Norway, present some of my research and to look at others research, learn and network. I'm exhausted from not sleeping more than an hour last night, probably worrying about sleeping in.

I'm excited to go to Norway as I've never been and because it is supposed to be beautiful. I'll also be seeing some colleagues/friends and meeting with my cruise leader for my august trip. I'm also hoping to get some work done and doing a little sight seeing.

Well it is 5am Edmonton time and I arrive in tromso tomoorw at 4pm tromso time, so I have a long day ahead of me. In order to go cheap I had to book through Houston and Newark then Oslo. Oh well.

That's it for now, maybe we'll see how my mood changes by the time i get to Oslo. I usually don't sleep on planes but will try

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate