Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tromso's Midnight Sun

I admit, this blog post is written long after I have returned from Tromso, but wanted to post some pictures and update the blog.


On Tuesday, June 1 was Ben's birthday (Ben is the other student in our research group), we went with some friends/colleagues to look for some food and a drink.  We went to the student pub in town but the kitchen was closed so we went to another restaurant (Il Mare). The food was alright, the company better.  However it did take two hours from arriving in the restaurant to get our food (and there were only 10 of us). 

After supper we decided to go to the Tromso cable car and head up the hill.

At this time of year in Tromso, the midnight sun is in full swing.
There was even a little shack on the hill....not sure what for. We paused for some scotch and then decided to go back to the cable car in order to catch the last car back down.  All in all a good day.

Oh as far as the conference itself was concerned, more excellent talks and the first poster session was this afternoon.  I had lots of interest in my poster about my research at Miquelon Lake, which is always nice.  I try to design posters so that people will come up and talk to me, so that I'm not bored for the 2.5 hours of the poster session.  This poster did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate