Saturday, September 4, 2010

FramStrait 2010

Well the next cruise leg has begun. We left Longyearbyen on Sept 3rd at
about noon. Had a safety orientation again and some cruise meetings.

We are at 78.75N and 2.75W and sailing towards Greenland. We have already
encountered ice, which is good news for us. Unfortunately it is cool and
foggy so I don't know if we'll be flying.

Otherwise the passage over to here was, for me, rough, I felt pretty ill
most of the evening and night but my new room is much quieter than my old
one (and I'm not sharing with anyone). Luckily I still have lots of motion
sickness pills and patches and so I can just medicate myself and try to
operate like that when sick (though usually I just sleep). Still haven't
thrown up though.

Otherwise, hoping for more bird flights this trip as well. But also for
some time to work on other things.

Well I miss Nicole and Jax alot, but am also really glad for this
opportunity. I am getting to know many more sea ice scientists, practice my
skills and get more experience with the HEM bird.
I hope the pictures I posted have given you a taste of the beauty of the
ice.

There will be more pictures when I return again.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate