Friday, September 17, 2010

Land Ho!

Hello All,

Well the water is calm, very calm actually considering we are in open water.
Last night I needed to get some work done, and until 8pm the water was rough
enough for me that I could only work in 10 minutes spurts followed by 30
minutes of looking outside at the horizon. However, by 8pm the water calmed
down and I could work. The water has stayed calm since then so I had a
fantastic nights sleep.

We are currently at about 78o 55' N and 7o 30' East. We can see the western
coast of Svalbard already. We still have some time until we are there
though, as the oceanographers are doing CTD measurements every 30'
longitude.

Today my plan is go get some work done and organize things a bit. We could
be going to shore on Saturday night or on Sunday night (is still unclear),
so things need to be ready.

Well that is it for now

Cheers

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate