Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update on Flight

Well we had a flight yesterday. The weather was looking fine in the morning
and then got a bit worse as it started to snow. However we had an opening
and after a test flight the pilot and mechanic determined we could fly the
bird so we did. We flew the Cryosat line (not exactly on it but very
close). We also had an ice station yesterday in the region. All in all I
feel like we have a pretty good validation set for that particular Cryosat
track.

Today we hope to do more flights and another ice station. The hope is also
that we can fill the hot tub today but we will have to see. The goal now
for the oceanographers is to deploy moorings and they need open water for
that. Today there is very little open water where we are (8W).

Otherwise I am tired, i think from working, and from the noise this ship
always makes (it is a straight diesel set up, not diesel electric) and is
quite loud. Oh well.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you Nicole and I'll see you in
13 days.

Justin

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts. They're the only place I learn about satellites and ice thickness measurements and stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Translate